February 22, 2012

2012 ONE WORD = HOUSEKEEPING






Image of housekeeping owned by:
(http://healing.about.com/od/chakras/a/chakra-clutter.htm)



HOUSEKEEPING


Housekeeping is the act of cleaning the rooms and furnishings of a home. It is one of the many chores included in the term housework. Housecleaning includes activities such as disposing of rubbish, cleaning dirty surfaces, dusting and vacuuming. It may also involve some outdoor chores, such as removing leaves from rain gutters, washing windows and sweeping doormats. The term is often used also figuratively in politics and business, for the removal of unwanted personnel, methods or policies in an effort at reform or improvement.[1]
Housecleaning is done to make the home look better and be safer and easier to live in. Without housecleaning limescale can build up on taps, mold grows in wet areas, bacterial action make the garbage disposal and toilet smell and cobwebs[2] Tools used in housecleaning include vacuum cleaners, brooms, mops and sponges, together with cleaning products such as detergents, disinfectants and bleach.

courtesy of Wikipedia

A housewife and mom scrubbing the floor:



thanks to 123RF for the image



I have been battling with this "one word," ever since it was conceived in my mind for a challenge from a friend whose blog became a source of daily encouragement.  I have meditated and it seemed God has been steering me to this word. "HOUSEKEEPING."  I joggled it in my mind, even practically chewing at it to get a foretaste.  Anyway, the length of time it took me to even write a simple introduction for this 365 day companion is a simple indication that it is only FEAR that has kept me from attacking it.  I know deep inside that this would entail a lot of work, resistance and denial.  I could not skim around it but there will be cobwebs to remove, closets to empty, rooms to sweep in all corners of my mind, soul and body.

We love to come home to a well kept home, a place to unwind and rest our weary heads.  But before we could enjoy the ambiance and comfort of a  restful sanctuary, we need to work at it.  As a middle class income earner here in our country, we seldom could fit a housekeeper's pay within the budget.  It only means that it is the duty of a mom to keep her abode neat for her own peace and to invite every member of the family to enjoy its benefits to the fullest.  Now, this physical part of housekeeping would be a million times easier than the prospect of spring cleaning my inner self. There might be unfinished businesses in my past that will surface that has to be tackled.  I would need God's grace, all the way, in this journey coupled with regular quiet moments up the mountain with God, Bible readings and a prayerful life.

Firstly, I want to thank God that I have surmounted the FEAR of raising my voice to write in my blog.  I have always been moved to write but I feel so inadequate.  I might produce thrash rather than a piece worthy to read. That could be pride, of course, hiding behind false humility.  I am grateful too for friends who are praying for me and encouraging me to write......So help me God!






Romans 6:13
Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.


Romans 12:1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.


My life verse:

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.


(image for housekeeping tools: from 123R)

4 comments:

  1. Well, it is better to be late than never, isn't it? Another excuse, another "BUT I" moment could easily deter me from writing at all. The enemy could get his way with all of my buts and I could never start to regain my VOICE.

    So here it is, the intro..... I pray and hope that I could get on with this regularly.

    Thank you, Diane, you encourage me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lolita...I"m in tears...let me gather myself...

    First, let me say how very, very proud I am of you. You took a leap of faith. You are an extraordinary woman of God and I so look forward to sitting at your compassion table to learn from you, my precious sister and friend.

    Your blog is beautiful. And you have so much content on here. I will be clicking on this and on that. I cannot wait to see what God has to teach me through your writings.

    May God use this blog to touch deeply, not superficially. May your writings bring inner change to us all.

    And last, but not least, thank you for receiving my encouragement. I am most humbled to know you, Lolita! And I look forward to this wonderful blogging journey with you.

    God bless you and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I've gathered myself a little more, I LOVE your One Word: HOUSEKEEPING. That One Word say so much and shows me your heart.

    I love your line: "I joggled it in my mind, even practically chewing at it to get a foretaste." ...Sigh...

    Love your FIRST post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Diane. You are really my model for this so much so that took up and summoned all courage that I have to take one step.

    Please bear with me also, because I am groping around google yet. All its layouts and things. It is not like Multiply.com... I still need to learn their way of layouting boxes and comments.

    Thanks, dear, thanks. Your encouragement is so valued.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your company. I am glad you are here. Your encouraging word is appreciated. It brings joy like a cool breeze on a hot day. GBU!