February 27, 2012

HOUSEKEEPING-TAKING OUT FILTH FROM MY TONGUE

http://mattstone.blogs.com/photos/christian_art_tattoo/hell-tongue-tattoo.jpg


I do not want to lecture you about this subject.  I am "camping out in the valley" with God in various issues I have with my own tongue.

When I emerge from this one...... which I know would take some time.... as there may be people I need to ask forgiveness from, I will be able to open my mouth or write about it then.  As of this time....... I've got my "little-poisonous-judgemental-tool-of the evil one" part surrendered before the Lord.  Your prayers are most appreciated and necessary for the process I am submitting to.


Some references I am reading, which will help me through this:

  • http://www.tenbasicsteps.org/english/obedience/step6l5.htm#

Often the hostility in our hearts reveals itself through our words and actions. The word "tongue" is mentioned ninety-three times in the Bible, often referring to its destructive power:

The lash of the tongue (Job 5:21).

Your sin prompts your mouth; you adopt the tongue of the crafty (Job 15:5).

Though evil is sweet in his mouth and he hides it under his tongue (Job 20:12).

A deceitful tongue crushes the spirit (Proverbs 15:4).

Their tongue is a deadly arrow (Jeremiah 9:8).

The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell (James 3:6).

No man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison (James 3:8).

  • http://www.av1611.org/jmelton/SinsofTongue.html
  •  http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/Jas/Specific-Dangers-Tongue

There is no amount of testimony I can offer, or write about that is of value, until my own tongue has been tamed by my Lord, repented upon, confessed, forgiven and cleansed.  Forgive me, my dear sisters in Christ, for I am guilty of using my tongue in other forms other than praise, honour  and glory of God.. 

Thank you and may in your prayers, you will include me, for divine intercession.  AMEN



2 comments:

  1. I love the photo - that alone speaks volumes. I know how much the tongue is a struggle. When I first got saved I camped out in the Book of James for years. I, like you, was determined to gain mastery over my words. James, coupled with Proverbs 18:21 nenewed my mind and helped me gain that mastery.

    I will be praying for you, my dear Lolita. But, do you realize how you already please The LORD? You do. For He knows your humble, desire-to-be-like-Jesus heart. And that is all that matters. The rest follows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Jesus Mighty and Merciful Name, I pray. AMEN.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your company. I am glad you are here. Your encouraging word is appreciated. It brings joy like a cool breeze on a hot day. GBU!