August 07, 2012

LORD, HERE IS YADAH!




ight of the world,
You stepped down into darkness.


 Shrouded in gloom, buried in mire, lies whispered lies, into a young heart.
"You are nothing, you have no place under the sun.  Go and hide your face!"


But I know He came for the sinners and that they may have life, an abundant life!


The word of Scriptures say:

I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent." (Luke 5:32)

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (John 10:10)



Opened my eyes, let me see
Beauty that made this heart adore You
Hope of a life spent with You.

I know, Lord, I have sinned, and I need You.  Please save me, Lord!


Thank you that You have sought me out and made me aware that you were waiting for me.  You did not give up on me.


Darkness is broken, I no longer walk in fear.  I now believe guilt feelings were lies.

Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God. 

What would be my response to the beauty bestowed upon me? All for His eternal love, death on the cross, God to mortal, Kingship given up for sacrifice, righteousness for sin, how would I not be forever grateful?  You have made me to worship, My Lord. 

You're altogether lovely
All together worthy,
All together wonderful to me.


I praise You, I exalt your Name.  There is no other name above Your Name, my Father.  You have lifted me higher and now I can see the wonders of you hand.  I see loveliness in the ordinary things.  I am joyful and am so blessed.

I am Yadah, here I am, Lord,  I yadah You, L' Adoni!



                                                                                   
..... and the rest of the hymn:
King of all days
oh, so highly exalted
Glorious in heaven above
Humbly You came
To the earth You created
All for love's sake became poor
Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
All together worthy,
All together wonderful to me
I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross
I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross
I'll never know how much it cost
To see my sin upon that cross
I'll never know how much it cost

God has been whispering into my days of toil, moments of unbalanced accounting books, nights of dirty dishes and dirty clothes.   Into the prayer morning welcome and the hushed calls off the night.

Sing, sing, sing..... sing joy, sing glad, sing grateful.  And then all the things of earth will grow strangely dim,  in the light of His glory and grace (refrain from Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus).

Never take off your Garment of Praise and Thanksgiving.  For it is your shield against the lies of the enemy and the wiles of the flesh.

So I turn my eyes upon Him when I need to reaffirm.  A sweet voice I am not, but deep in my heart I worship and mean every word as in singing.......  I dance around lifting my arms up to Him whose sandals I am not worthy to tie..... yet He loves me and says I am beautiful.

Here, Lord, my arms outstretched in worship, feet dancing to tune in my mind, heart full of love....

Yes Lord, here is Yadah!  

Hodu l’ Adonai.



 NKJ Psalm 136:1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.

Reference:  Psalm 28:7 " ....with my song, will I praise Him"
                  2 Chron. 20:30 "..... in the ritual worship."

YADAH 

 Yadah is a root word that means “to throw out the hand”.  In other words, it signifies an outstretched arm.  Though it’s a root word, it’s obviously similar to the Hebrew word yad ( ׳ד – Strong’s 3027) which means hand. 

                  NKJ 2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will give thanks (yadah) to You, O LORD, among the Gentiles, And sing praises (zamar) to Your name.

In this song of praise, David declared the many times YHVH stepped in and defeated or delivered him from his enemies.  He concluded the song by saying he will give thanks to YHVH among the Gentiles.  In other words, in the presence of the Gentiles, David wanted to thank God openly and declare His works to everyone!

This sequence of giving thanks to God and singing praises to Him is quite common, especially in the writings of King David.  It’s a form of Hebrew poetry called Parallelism where a thought or idea is expressed two different ways.  Thus, to the Hebrew mind, giving thanks is much the same as offering praise.

In addition to yadah meaning thanks or thanksgiving, the word can itself mean praise.

NKJ Psalm 9:1 I will praise (yadah) You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
NKJ Psalm 44:8 In God we boast all day long, And praise (yadah) Your name forever. Selah

Source:   GIVE THANKS


My thanks to Sister Betty, for leading me to this hymn.  I am happy that I found a video from YouTube of this hymn.  It is a First Baptist Church recording.






25 comments:

  1. "Never take off your garment of praise..." I like that, Lolita! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, V.

      Thank you too. And you are one of the reasons, I will not take the garment of praise off.

      Hugs.

      Delete
  2. I cant help it but praise thank and sinh with you as i read your post. Love it and thanks for being an inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too, Joy.

      I've been to your blog too and witnessed all the beauty and serenity of your country. I can praise all day long seeing all those natural plants, trees, atmosphere, the sea and the mountains.

      When you were on top, I thought of the "Sound of Music" .... it makes the hills and mountains come alive with your presence. Thanks for taking us in a sight seeing trip and mountain climbing.

      Delete
  3. God's creation really makes us praise Him. God can really create marvelous things. Anyway if hope you can visit my other blog" willyouhearfromme.blogspot.com" it is about what i hear from God in every area of my life, in my prayer time and from God's words. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know that you have another blog. I will be so happy to visit you there and learn from what God is teaching and guiding you with.

      GBU, Joy.

      Delete
    2. Lolita-
      A truly beautiful post! Your "WINGS" are expanding in Love and helping you FLY as the words come flowing out of you!

      What a blessing!!
      martha

      Delete
    3. Thank you for your words, Martha. You encourage me so. You make me stronger just knowing what you are going through.

      My love for you, dear.

      Delete
  4. Giving thanks from a dead heart revived by an unconditional love...one's sins and self-righteousness as fikthy as rags...only to be clothed by His robe of righteousness...none of us deserved it...that's the right response...is to sing songs and give Him thanks and praises. For He alone deserves them. I love that song Light of the World...and I'm blessed by your grateful heart...and faith! God bless and protect you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...I meant 'as filthy as rags...'

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Rosel. You always give me a deeper thought. And I am so blessed to have met you here in the web. I admire how you stand up for those lost people in your wards and cells. It is tough to be around those who have a very concrete and visible need for the Lord.

      Bless you and thanks for your words.

      Delete
    3. And I want to add, that our cleanest is still akin to filthy rag in the sight of a Holy God. So without the righteousness covering of Jesus' blood, we could never have anything to do with God.

      And don't bother with typos, I do that all the time too.

      Delete
  5. Amen my sister...good post, your praise is contagious and usually bring to mind a song. This post reminded me of: When He Sees Me He Sees the Blood of the Lamb..the chorus goes like this:

    Now when He sees me He see the blood of the Lamb
    He sees me as worthy and not as I am
    He views me in garments as white as the snow
    For the Lamb of God is worthy and washed me I know

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the song, Betty. I will search for it.

      Thank you.... I want to be a garment of praise, who God sees as worthy. He redeemed me for His praise and glory.

      I wish to shine in the sparkling goodness for His eyes.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, Lolita. I often sing that song about looking full in His face and the cares of earth will go strangely dim...comes into my worship all the time. And I love the definition of Yadah. This week the Lord has been whispering to me to open up our hands before Him so He can pour out his oil on us... Your post reminds me of His whisper. Thanks lolita - pray you are having more peace in all your days now and things are getting a bit less stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday, Pam, I was thinking of you and I prayed all is well at your side.

      Yes, I love that song even if we just sing the chorus. We love to sing it in prayer meetings.

      And your word is true, the oil of blessings and anointment. I have just been reading it in another blog.... that the wound in His hand are the perfect trenches for our tears. And if we lift our cries up to Him, He is gonna exchange them with His powerful blessings. And oil is right.

      Thanks, Pam. I am having peace now, because I have been intentional in letting go. There are things that bothers and worries, but I have improved to the fearfulness into the living in dependency upon God. I pray that I could live this way without being complacent.

      Delete
  7. And here is Betty's Song.
    I wish I could hear it sang.


    When He Sees Me - song lyrics
    Christian music from www.traditionalmusic.co.uk
    When He Sees Me Old Gospel Song

    1. Looking down through the ages God beheld the dying soul, Sin had brought separation, nevermore could man be whole. There must come a Lamb, one who's blood alone redeems, Bringing gifts to the Father of our souls made white and clean.

    CHORUS: And when He sees me, He sees the blood of the Lamb. He sees me as worthy and not as I am. He views me in garments as white as the snow, For the Lamb of God is worthy and He washed me, this I know.

    2. So He left that holy city, travelin' on to the cross. Just to bridge the gulf to glory and to rescue all the lost. By His blood He entered into the throne room of our God, And on the mercy seat He placed it, salvation for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My precious sister, Yadah...I'm so glad you posted this...Truly this is you, Lolita. Yadah.

    This is you.

    I'm moved to tears at your beautiful heart...

    Here I Am To Worship is one of my favorite hymns.

    ...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my beautiful and highly-honored Abigail.

      You bless me so, my dear.

      YADAH

      Delete
  9. Just dropping by to say thank you for all the nice comments to my sites and I don't know how but your latest comment in joysnotepad ay nawala. But anyway, nabasa ko sya sa Iphone, pero nong buksan ko and computer, di ko na makita. Again, thank sis Lolita. Have a nice week end there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you too, Joy. I wish you all the joyful things God provides.

      Delete
  10. It has been one of those up and down weeks for me, Lolita. My first grandson Forerunner was released from hospital on Wednesday noon. I was with him for my turn to kep him company Tuesday afternoon. TUesday evening and Wednesday evenings I was at two formal dinners, the despedida de sultera and wedding of my close friend's daughter. How difficult to fully enjoy the dinners with friends when I know sickness was hovering over my son's home. Breakfast on Thursday and Friday trying to encourage Forerunner (who lives next door to me, so it is easy for him to go back and forth the two houses - theirs and mine) to eat more, as he is quite picky with his food. Friday evening, spent bonding time with two grandsons FOrerunner and Elijah watching Baby Einstein dvds and playing with TInkertoy while Elijah's mom cooked supper for us all. Happy time of bonding with the little ones... enjoying supper of linguini and fried chicken. So happy Forerunner enjoyed his plate of linguini. Then during supper, CHosen one (ELijah's mom) notieced that her son was feverish. Strange... he was well earlier that evening. SLeepless night for us becaused Elijah kept vomitting (three times during the night)... but groggy as I was on Saturday morning, I left the house at 5:30 a.m. to lead the Negros Island House of Prayer congregational prayer time at a location quite far from where I live... praise God for powerful and anointed time of prayer.Followed by whole day of prophetic seminar at a university audio visual auditorium - again this had such a good response. WHen I got home in the afternoon, Elijah was much better. Praise God today is Sunday... and I had time to visit your blog. What a timely post for me, as you can see... that is why I gave you a summary of my week. TO show you that when I came here this morning, the post you wrote more than a week ago was so right for me. I have praised God in the midst of the little ones being sick. The enemy loves to attack these little innocent ones... but God is mighty and strong... and together with you, I praise Him, I thank Him, yes, I yadah Him, Lolita. The song you shared is one of my favorite songs of worship.

    Blessings on your day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you and Forerunner live next door to each other so that it is easy for you to help out with your grandchildren.

      I hope Elijah is now feeling a whole lot better.

      Thanks God that He puts songs in our hearts so that it will shield us from the lies of the enemies and gives us so much hope.

      It really helps.

      Delete
  11. Arms outstretched, feet dancing, heart full--yes! Your writing pulled me into worship. "Here I am to worship..." Thank you, Lolita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to visit, Pamela.

      Delete

Thanks for your company. I am glad you are here. Your encouraging word is appreciated. It brings joy like a cool breeze on a hot day. GBU!