March 21, 2012

THE RED UMBRELLA


Photo credits: Giulio Bernardi
Shticks character Arts by:  Ms. Veronica Shticks Anderson of Theshticks.com


This is the first  picture Veronica did for me.  She was inspired by my post Rain, Rain, Rain.  She dropped this beautiful comment:


Veronica Shticks said...
Lolita, I was very touched by the part where your mother comes and picks you up with her bigger umbrella. I want to be like your Mom and have my little girls remember all the times I was there for them. this is a very sweet post with cozy imagery--at least for me who also associate rain with wonderful happy things. The pictures are beautiful and the storytelling is heartwarming!

We became friends through Diane, as did most of my blogging circle of friends, and we exchanged e-mails.  Once you follow her blog, you get updates.  Your comments can be posted in those e-mails and I made one.  Gosh, she has the grace of replying to my comments.  You may visit her blog and find inspiration, some good laughs about daily life, and see her hand displayed in the characters.

Thus, she proceeded to ask me if I wanted to be a "Shticks?"  I told her that it would be my honor.  Who would decline such a generous offer from a very talented lady?  I will be on her drawing board.  Can you imagine that?  What would it feel like being scrutinized with Photoshop brushes and pens?  I think, it needs her heart, her time and her talent.

I gave her freedom to envisage my own character and she produced the Umbrella scene for me.  This is a true gift.

Thank you so much, dear Veronica.  My memory of my mother and the umbrella days will be forever itched here in my page.


 


P.S.

To Pam:  I think the picture could well be Irish or Scottish Hills.  One of those travel dreams of ours.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your words, Lolita! You have touched my heart in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome art and story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in tears....

    I'm so happy for you Lolita, that you have befriended Veronica; that she did your Shticks; and that you have this memory of your mother forever.

    I just ordered my two Shticks to be printed in 8x10" photos. I can't wait to get them and frame them.

    Veronica, see how you are touching lives? Truly a magnificent gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Veronica,

    Thank you, Veronica. You are too humble than you need be. I am so proud to be a shticks. And so much speaks of your heart and your kindness.

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ann:

    Thank you for the visit and wonderful comment, Ms. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Diane:

    Yes, my darling, crying D. You connected me to so many beautiful-kind-hearted people in this WWW.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lolita, I'm not humble! Ask Diane--I make her call me queen Victoria! Heheheh. You ladies are wonderful! Diane, I'm so excited about your prints! I hope hope hope you will take pictures when you put them up! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your company. I am glad you are here. Your encouraging word is appreciated. It brings joy like a cool breeze on a hot day. GBU!